Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Jamaican Spice Salmon

Hey Folks!

Admittedly, this recipe isn't very involved or complicated, but it is delicious. I had a close friend in town this past weekend so there wasn't much time for grocery shopping and cooking. Come to think of it, I'm not entirely sure what I ate from Thursday through Sunday, except for Saltines and Goldfish.

Anyway, I was at Rouse's on Tchoup and saw this big, gorgeous salmon fillet. Ever since I've heard of lightly brushing the fillets with olive oil instead of putting the oil directly in the pan, I've been very pleased with the way my salmon's been coming out, so I thought I'd try it out with some Shakin Jamaican Ronnies Spice Blend this time. I found it on the spice aisle of Whole Foods but I'm sure it's available everywhere. As you can see it created a wonderfully flavorful black crust on the flesh of the fillet, with the skin of the fish of course infusing the opposite side with its own flavors. I pan-fried until my Thermapen read 140 degrees, then served on a bed of baby spinach, drizzled with lemon juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment